Monday, March 1, 2010

Vacation

I've never had any vacation that came out any different than any other vacation. To me, summer was just a time in which I had to struggle to find things to do that didn't cost any money. Usually, this meant playing video games my grandmother had bought from my Uncle Jerry (who had a habit of buying things he could not afford, then selling them to his own mother once he realized he couldn't afford to keep them anymore). Once I got out on my own, vacations consisted of being online during the day and sleeping at night.
If you've never had a very long time in which you had absolutely no schedule, I'll tell you what it ends up feeling like: one very boring, drawn-out, day. The days and nights blur into one another, since time really seems to lose its meaning. You sleep when you're tired, eat when you're hungry, and it feels like there's no cycle. I guess I do need a schedule to remain sane.


Because of this, I've never really considered what a really good vacation would be. I guess, go to Disneyland or something? ...Or is it Disney World? Which one is it in the southeast? Anyway, I've been to Six Flags a couple times, but it was usually church-sponsored.
Of course, Disney Land might actually depress me. I want to be a voice actor for Disney animations, and that's a one in a million shot. I'd also like to be one of the street performers you always see in photographs, imitating Disney characters next to rides. That, however, requires you to actually LOOK like the characters. I'm too short for anyone other than Peter Pan, and even if I were to dye my hair blond, I don't think I'd look close enough to the character.

I'm getting horribly off-topic here. I guess what I'd really like most for a vacation is to spend it with someone I care for, making strong and magical memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment