Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Break

Okay, okay. Since I slept through my alarm on Monday and didn't make it to class, I figure I'll try to take a guess at what Ms. Simms wanted us to write about in our blog for Monday. My guess is what we did on spring break.
At first, I'd say I did a whole lot of nothing, but that's not entirely true. I found out a friend of mine teaches fencing at the Montgomery armory, so I dragged my girlfriend to try it out with me. It was pretty fun, but I don't think Nicole seemed to interested in it. It's kind of a drag... we're looking for a fun activity to do together that would give the two of us exercise and get us out of the house. We considered martial arts first. We both agreed that we didn't want Tae Kwon Do, but she wasn't satisfied with one of the few decent dojos here that taught something other than that. When we tried fencing, it was the same thing. She wasn't happy, and since I'm looking for something to do with her, it feels pointless to do it if she's not happy with it.
We bought a lot of movies from Movie Gallery when we found out many of the local stores were closing. We had hoped to find some major Disney classics, but no luck. Guess I'll have to try ebay if I want Lion King, Aladin, and Beauty and the Beast. Ended up picking up Land Before Time, Hocus Pocus, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Saw VI.
I took Nicole out on a few dates, which was nice, and we watched some of the movies we bought. Other than that, time was spent trying to contact people for the Profile assignment interview (you have NO idea how many people I went through til I found one!), playing a couple video games, and sleeping the days away. I didn't really feel like being awake, for the most part, especially after the idea of taking fencing with Nicole was shot down.
Don't get me wrong- she's not lazy. In fact, both martial arts and fencing were mostly her idea. However, she doesn't like spending money, and once she sees how much something costs, she doesn't care much for it anymore. It's totally understandable, and I know it's good to be conservative with money, but I just... need to get out and do something.
Meh. This blog article isn't anything like it's supposed to be. That's what I get for typing while tired. NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment