Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Out of the loop?

I feel like the flow of information isn't trickling down to me, no matter how hard I reach to take a sip of it.
For the fifth time this semester, I went to one of my classes, only to find it either rescheduled or canceled- I still don't know which. For most courses, this would be no major deal, and, in fact, a break. However, attendance in this class is semi-optional, and you are graded based on how many hours you spend in the course. I cannot get these required hours if I am continuously left out of the loop. Most school days, I have another class during the available hours of this course, so I have to use my time well and schedule things in a way to get there when I can. This is difficult to do when hours are suddenly changed or it is canceled without me knowing.
Further more, there have been some specific opportunities for those to become further involved with AUM activities dealing with my major. Know how I eventually found out about those activities? I stumbled into a group doing them during what I THOUGHT was supposed to be hours set aside for the fore-mentioned course that constantly eludes my grasp and my schedule.
In any case, I think I'm getting depressed and discouraged. I am sleeping much more than normal, and I sleep right through alarm clocks and, even worse, a fire alarm during a drill. Last semester I had apparently developed the habit of sleep-walking (much to the humor of friends that would find me doing so), but that was due to a lack of sleep.
I keep putting off the fact that I think I need to see the counselor at AUM. I need to get that done... I swear, it's SOMEWHERE on my To Do list. Along with wash the dishes, do laundry, and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment