Monday, March 29, 2010

Computers 'n' Stuff.

Well, I never really owned my own computer until I was 19, but I was definitely addicted to the internet by age 16. If I could use someone's computer to get online, I would. The website I would go to most would be an anime/ video game website called "Animeglobe.com", which had a chatroom and a forum. I grew out of that site around the time I got my computer.
After that, I began using computers purely as entertainment. Whenever I got out of final formation ( I was still in the army at that point), I would head to my room and immediatley get on my PC. My interests then including online role playing, Doom 3, and Guild Wars (the later two being PC games).
I've become rather computer literate due to role-playing and constantly having to fix the "oopsies" I've done to my computer over the years. My family, of course, thinks "computer literate" means "computer genius" and expect me to be able to do anything with them.

Now, I've started mixing business with pleasure when it comes to computers. Some of my hobbies include in-character video logs on YouTube, and voice acting for animations made by others (also on YouTube). This requires skill in media-editing software such as Audacity and Movie Maker. Although these are hobbies, the reason I consider this partially business is due to the fact that it helps me practice my acting skills. Those will need some serious work if I am ever to succeed with a Theater-oriented major.

If my internet went out, I would usually be fine under the circumstances that I've already printed out all of my assignments, and that the outage didn't last more than a few days. I don't have a printer, so I usually do my assignments on my computer, then move to the computer lab to print them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment