Monday, April 5, 2010

Uhhh...

I came in late for class today, so I only caught a little bit of what the blog's supposed to be about. Apparently, some girl killed herself due to severe bullying, and criminal charges were filed against the bullies.

What can I say about this, really? I don't think anyone's gone without being bullied or picked on. Sure, I had to deal with it a lot growing up. It led to many, many fights, and I didn't always win. Sometimes, I got in trouble for it, despite the fact that I had been defending myself.

Bullies are and always will be an issue. It can get rough some times. It can get physical, and on rare occasions, it can get dangerous. That's when you file charges, not kill yourself. Yes, I do believe those who harrassed her should be criminally punished. However, this should have happened long before she decided to take her own life. It may seem easier said than done, but it's got to be easier than taking one's own life.

I don't really know what else to say. People die every day, and I'm not really moved by one more person's death.

No comments:

Post a Comment