Monday, February 1, 2010

Minor Update, I guess.

Classes are going alright, I guess. I really need to refocus myself, though. During my first semester, I was extremely eager to succeed in class. That motivation doesn't seem to be their anymore.
I guess this is mostly due to my Reading 0700 class. Despite the fact that I passed my English Placement Exam (with flying colors, none-the-less), I still have to take Reading 0700 as a provisional student.
During the first day of this class, the instructor read out-loud to us a sixth-grade level picture book. I find this irritating. I do have some learning difficulties, but those difficulties lie in mathematics. My English isn't perfect, but no one's really is.
I guess I find this annoying mostly due to the fact that I feel it is a waste of my limited G.I. Bill. Furthering the irritation is the fact that the class cannot affect my GPA due to its remedial status. URRRGGGGHHH. I'm taking an easy "A" course for nothing!! I talked to my advisor about it, but the class cannot be waived (she was, however, very apologetic about this).
This has me somewhat unmotivated in my classes. So Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment