Monday, February 1, 2010

Food Comparison

Uh-oh. You got me started on food. I'm going to have a hard time deciding what to compare and contrast, because there's just so many foods I love. I guess instead of comparing two similar restaurants, I'll compare apples to oranges and instead compare my favorite Asian place to my favorite Mexican.
Jose's is a restaurant chain with three local places- one in Montgomery, and two in Prattville. The second store in Prattville opened a few months ago, less than a mile from my home. You can probably tell that this made my stomach happy (and my wallet miserable). Jose himself is very active in greeting customers at whichever restaurant he happens to be overlooking that day, and that gives the place a very down-to-earth feel. For the price, you get plenty of food (my favorite being quesadilla con pollo- a chicken quesadilla). However, it's the service I like most about this place. Waiters are friendly and learn your name if you are a constant customer. I can usually walk in to my sweet tea already on the table I'll be eating at.
My favorite Asian place, however, is much different. It is a buffet, and the staff doesn't seem to recognize you from one visit to another. I guess the thing that keeps me coming back to this place- Buffet City- is the Mongolian Barbecue. You get to choose your uncooked ingredients, and hand them to a chef who will cook it in the sauce of your choice. This is included in the price of the buffet, so you get a lot of quality for the price.
I guess in comparison, I like the service of Jose's better, the food at Buffet City better, but they are both definitely worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment