Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Movie thing

Okay, I'm supposed to be writing about disagreeing with critic or popular reviews. Here's the problem: in all of the movies I'm looking up, I agree with the critics, and most of the movies I watch are not high-profile enough to garner mass public attention. There are a few exceptions to watching well-known movies, but I only watch well-known movies if a good deal of people or critics have already deemed it a great movie. Otherwise, I don't waste my money.
I guess the closest thing possible would be Twilight. While I am glad that the book is getting young girls to read, I hope that they grow to realize that is a very bad book. The fourteen year old girls I can understand, as the story seems to appeal to the taboos and sexual frustrations of females in that age range, but it heavily disturbs me to see grown adults reading- and enthralled by- this book.
Anyway, I can't really concentrate on writing in this blog during class due to loud discussion. I probably won't do much blogging during class, despite the fact we are supposed to do ten minutes of it there. I will have to do it in the relative privacy of my dorm room, where it's not so loud.

2 comments:

  1. You feel strongly enough about Twilight to italicize very bad book. Have you read it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attempted reading the first chapter. The syntax was terrible and it felt as though I was reading something written on fanfiction.net.

    After suffering through a chapter, I just read a plot summary instead. The only part that I felt was clever at all was the scene in which the vampire group was attempting to cook a meal for Bella, and were doing a terrible job due to that they haven't cooked in a very, very long time.

    ReplyDelete